Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Metal in my head

Over the past few days I have written here a lot more then I have been in the past few months. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I tend to look at it as a good thing.

Yesterday I went to a tattoo parlor and had my eyebrow pierced. Now some of you might ask me why I did it. I suppose everything needs a reason and there is one for this too. Do you really want the full explanation though? I mean, I can give it to you in a sentence. Ready? I was sick of trying to look like other people and I wanted something new. There, I like it.

It didn't hurt at all and I was really happy with the outcome. For one thing i was excited to show a friend in particular. That friend liked it by the way and that made me feel better about my decision.

Yes I chose to do it on my own and prove that I was a grown up, but we all need some validation. Hahaha It's funny how I wanted to be separate and yet i still wanted a little appeal from others.

I got home and help a surprise party for a friend. I was ready to take it from all sides. I knew that I was going to be made fun of and hassled about it. I was ready. I think I handled it well. I don't think they thought I was going to actually do it either. I did want some positive comments though. I didn't really get any from my friends here.

When I talked to that friend though it made it ok. She liked it. And then I tweeted it and people on twitter liked it. One thing that I have come to realize is how there are people out there that will like something just like you like it. I really like that about all the social networking I do. Helps me get through the shit of my "IRL" friends. Sometimes the interscapes seems more real to me then real life. If I could have all my internet friend here with me I'm sure that it would be a lot of fun.

Some people say that people that you meet online aren't real, but I tell them to fuck off. The people that I meet online are very real and very real friends.

I thank them for that.

Anyway, I got a piercing and I like it. Now for the family attacks. I'm not to excited about that.

1 comment:

- P said...

Hello there. I stumbled upon your blog, I don't remember how anymore.

Anyways. I understand what you mean about the need to seek approval from other people, but in the end, the important thing is how you, personally, feel about the decisions you make in your life.

I have been spending a lot of time online lately, so I understand that you hate when people critize you for this. I don't appreciate being told how I should be spending MY free time in, either. It's MY life, MY time, and I'm free to do what I want with it.

I mean, i have great friends IRL too, but I don't think it's fair when they judge you for wanting to meet other people, even if it is just virtual relationships, like you say, they ARE real people still, it's not like they're fake and don't exist either.

The internet is such a great way to communicate and to make friends all around the world, it's a great feeling, and I think nobody should be judged for meeting people this way. It's your choice.

I've enjoyed reading your blog, it IS a good thing that you've been writing a lot :). I'll be checking up on you to see what you talk about next :)