Friday, June 19, 2009

Costume change

For anyone that wanted to know, I'm wearing an assortment of cloths that I haven't worn since high school. Red freshman year track shirt with cargo shorts and my XC shoes from senior year. Now this might not be important, but to me it is and here is why:

1) I remember the way I was in high school and looked at myself with a distaste for my hair. I didn't like the hair cause it didn't look good with what I'm wearing. I looked better with shorter hair then. With what I wear and look like now, I know that myself then would have thought differently from myself now. It's a weird feeling to know that you of the past might not like you if you knew you now. Very SLC Punk.

2) I was told that I looked like i was in costume by a college counselor and my favorite English teacher when I visited after the semester was over. Now I know why. What I'm wearing now is a costume in itself. It sets the tone for a different person. The outfit I'm wearing puts me in the likes of runners and people like my brother. So I can see why the outfit I wore to that visit might confuse a lot of people. My costume then was a lot different from what I look like now.

Those are the only reasons I can think of right now. That's why it is important to me. I just realized a few things when I looked in the mirror and had to write it.

1 comment:

Rosequirk2789 said...

YES for the "slc punk!" reference!!!