Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breath In and Out.

I woke up at 6:30am to go to a 7am yoga class. I actually got up and did it. I was impressed with myself. The waking up was the hardest part for me. It was 18 degrees outside when i left for the class. The class itself was held at the gym a few blocks away. To say the least it was still very cold walking the short distance.

I got in there and saw that people were already set up so i got a mat and sat down. I don't think i have been that relaxed in a long time. The start of the class was just relaxation. It was great.

Over the hour class we did many different exercises. They all in some way helped me relax. I think the key to it all was the breathing. I had to get some of it down before i could really feel the stretch take effect, but it was my first time doing it so it's ok.

At one point the sun was rising and you could see it through the windows. It was so nice to see that orange color. It made it that much more relaxing. I was just thinking, "That is beautiful, I'm up early enough to see the sun come up while I'm doing Yoga. Cool."

I'm really feeling more centered about a lot of stuff.

I can't wait till next Wednesday.

No comments: